Professor Claudius Omoyele Daramola from Ondo state has been appointed the State minister of Niger Delta.
Motivatus brings to you 8 things you need to know about the new minister:
1. Professor Claudius Omoleye Daramola was born in Ode-Aye, Okitipupa local government area of Ondo state.
2. He attended the famous Divisional Teacher Training College for the Teacher Grade II Certificate before proceeding to the University of Sokoto (now Usmanu Dan Fodiyo Univerty, Sokoto). Later he attended the University of Jos and obtained M. Ed. in Sociology of Education. His Ph. D. Degree was earned at the University of Ilorin, where he has been a distinguished Professor of Sociology of Education.
3. Professor Daramola has held many administrative positions at the university and at national levels. He has served on quite a number of committees in the university and edited and co-edited several academic journals in Nigeria and abroad.
4. He is a former head of the Department of Arts and Social Sciences Education in University of Ilorin.
5. Professor Daramola has produced many Master’s and Ph. D. graduates and has been external examiner in various universities and colleges. He has also been on accreditation teams to many of the institutions.
6. Daramola is very spiritual person. He has been a steady but silent worker in the Lord’s vineyard, funding evangelisation programmes, and ensuring that his family grows according to Christian principles.
7. He donated a ten-seat minibus to the Methodist Church Ode-Aye, his hometown.
8. Daramola founded the Alfred Daramola Memorial Methodist Church in Tanke, Ilorin, Kwara state. The church, which started with a few members, now has a congregation of well over a hundred.